- Me: WHO THE FUCK TOOK MY oh there it is
"fuckboy" is AAVE
us white people have no business using it
it has nothing to do with the “skeleton war” meme
it is not a transphobic slur (this is an especially baffling claim)
lets stop using it for ourselves and stop relating it to skeletons ok
Mike Brown was murdered 64 days ago
This is something school lessons really downplay.
I legit thought it only lasted a week or two and was shocked when I learned otherwise.
Because to acknowledge the length of the protests/boycotts is to suggest that the United Stated resisted the right thing. They like to pretend like the country just didnt know what it was doing and only had to be tapped gently on the shoulder before it changed everything. They don’t want people to know that the country clung to its racism for almost a decade after the movement really started. Hell, they act like rosa parks, the million man march and the civil rights act all happened in one year or less. It didnt.
Racism in its PUREST form.
I mean, let’s be real. Bill O’Reilly is ignorant as fuck.
It woulda been over for him right there
me as a baby activist: i respect your opinion, but this is what i think…
me today: lol ur wrong shut up
You’ve gone from someone that people will actually listen to and respect to a person that people are either going to ignore a belittle.
Way to go.
nah this is just the process of learning who’s worth your time and who isn’t so like, get over yourself
Definitely, when you realise whose trash you can cut them out and feel g8.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BLACK TULSA? IF NOT… WHY NOT?
This horrific incident has been well documented, everywhere: from YouTube videos of survivor interviews to PBS Lesson Plans for school teachers. Please do your Google diligence:
- From May 30 to June 1, 1921, white citizens of Tulsa bombed burned and shot up the “Little Africa” section of Tulsa FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT
- Why would they do that? That same old lame excuse, a Black man supposedly did something to a white woman. But the real reason was ECONOMIC JEALOUSY. Whites may have called it Little Africa derisively, but there is a reason that Black Tulsa is known as Black Wall Street
- In addition to the 300 Blacks killed, and over 1,000 residential homes burned to the ground, also destroyed were:
- The Mt. Zion Baptist Church and five other churches; the Gurley Hotel, Red Wing Hotel, and Midway Hotel; the Tulsa Star and Oklahoma Sun newspaper offices; Dunbar Elementary School; Osborne Monroe’s Roller-Skating Rink; the East End Feed Store; the Y.M.C.A. Cleaners; the Dreamland Theater; a drug store, barbershop, banquet hall, several grocery stores, dentists, lawyers, doctors, and realtors offices; a U.S. Post Office Substation, as well the all-black Frissell Memorial Hospital. All told, marauding gangs of savage whites destroyed 40-square-blocks of Black economic and entrepreneurial prosperity!
64 years after the first bombing of an American city was committed against the Black residents of Tulsa… the second bombing of an American city took place in Philadelphia when the city bombed the black members of the MOVE organization. (see the blackourstory archive for details).
Isn’t it a shame that 76 after the bombing of Tulsa, when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City, most historically illiterate Americans - including American “journalists” - responded as if it were the first time such a horror had been visited on Oklahoma. If only we knew.
While there are many lessons to be drawn from this, a few questions that stick out to me are these:
- If the answer to Black second-class treatment from whites in America is supposedly to become the ultimate American capitalists…the ‘model minorities’… how do you explain Tulsa 1921?
- For those Black folk who think that the sole answer to Black people’s problems is simply more Blacks becoming business owners and more Blacks spending money with other Blacks… how did that work out for our people in Tulsa in ‘21?
- Considering not only Tulsa, but Rosewood, Florida, and many other thriving all-Black towns that you may know of that all met the same fate at the hands of murderous, envious, lazy crackers… WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE SERIOUSLY THE IDEA THAT BLACK WEALTH (ESPECIALLY ALL-BLACK WEALTH) WILL NEED TO BE PROTECTED WITH PHYSICAL FORCE?
There is a reason that Marcus Garvey AND Elijah Muhammad had armies of trained Black men as a huge part of their organizations. Many of us Black folk took those great men as jokes, yet NO BLACK LEADERS SINCE THOSE TWO have reached the same heights of economic and ideological success and unity of Black people.
Not only do we need to LEARN THIS HISTORY, we need to start taking these events men and movements MORE SERIOUSLY, and doing some CRITICAL HISTORICAL ANALYSIS if we are ever to stop being on the bottom rung of every metric in American life. Not just some casual or accidental reading of history; some CRITICAL. HISTORICAL. ANALYSIS.
TULSA 1921 was real. PHILLY 1985 was real. Will it happen again?
Revolutionary black trans woman CeCe McDonald has inspired many people with not only her survival from a racist, transphobic, and misogynistic hate crime and her criminalization for that survival, but also how she has emerged from that experience as a brilliant and passionate advocate. Now out of…
HELP FUND A REVOLUTIONARY!
FORWARD, POST, REPOST, TUMBL, TWEET
2k more is needed! we’re almost there!
I really wanna see more nb vampires.
Today’s mental health reminder: a relapse, a sudden series of attacks, a string of awful days, (or whatever your step back may be) does not decrease your value. Take your time, do some self care, reflect on the progress that you have made. You are strong; one step back is nothing when you look at the journey you have already made.
INTELLIGENCE IS NOT MEASURED IN YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF MATH
Tonight in Ferguson, Mo. Even CNN is calling out police brutality.
We are watching history unfold. Do not stand down. Spread the word.
No justice, no peace.
The sheer bravery of the protesters is astonishing
mCAT: So this happened.
Woohoo, trivialization of autism and general ableist fuckery! Dear god, if “on the spectrum” becomes the new “special” I’m going to blow a fucking fuse. (also, “I’m autistic and I’m not offended!” people, go here. Also here.)
And this should be the definitive proof of Hussie doing something that he knows will upset and hurt people and not giving a single flying fuck about it.
im fucking sick of you peope ignoring this fucking dont
it’s weird that he makes fun of tumblr so much & deliberately angers his fans. talk about biting the hand that feeds you